NBCA President - Call for nominations
As per the NBCA Constitution, when a position on the NBCA Executive is filled via a casual vacancy, an election must be called for this position at the next Annual General Meeting.
Nominations are now called for the position of President of the NBCA.
The National Band Council of Australia (NBCA) is a not-for-profit incorporated organisation that facilitates the Australian National Band Championships and promotes a general love and knowledge of band music and good fellowship among band persons. The Council is comprised of representatives from affiliated State Governing Bodies.
The position of President supports the Council through:
- Legal and financial accountability
- Strategic vision and objectives
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in a similar executive board role within the community or not-for-profit sectors
- Knowledge of the operating environment of community banding and/or that of the performing arts
- Proven ability to shape strategic vision, and negotiate with stakeholders, with political acumen
The Council will consider these nominations at a meeting to be held on 24th July 2022.
Nominees must also have a letter of support from their state governing body and have their nomination seconded by a second State Governing Body. More information can be found in the NBCA Constitution here.
National Band Council of Australia Inc.